The aquarium is one of the most beautiful and elegant things that you can place in your house. Aquarium creates an aquatic nature in your house and provides a very eye relaxing view. It enhances the interior appeal of the house and at the same time, it is real fun to watch the aquatic animals.
Having an aquarium is a good thing, but when you have one then you also need to take care of it regularly. So, if you are a beginner and are going to buy an aquarium then there are a few things that you need to take care of. To know more about aquarium world, you can visit the site of Come IntoThe Water and you will get a comprehensive guide.
Points to remember
- When installing an aquarium, make sure that the floor is not slanting because the glass of the aquarium can break because of the stress. Always install the aquarium on flat and hard surface
- When choosing the aquarium glass or other materials, make sure that it supports the electrical equipment such as filter, lights, and heater.
- For beginners, it is advised that they should purchase the aquarium of at least 20 gallons but if you want the best aquarium then large aquariums are the best.
- Purchase the filter cartridges in bulk because they need to be changed regularly. The filter is very important part of an aquarium because it cleans the water and removes the debris.
- Aquarium vacuum is also one of the most important cleaning tools of the aquarium. It clears the debris and feces from gravel. This also reduces the level of nitrate as well of stress from the animals of the aquarium.
Types of aquarium
Freshwater tropical – this is one of the most common aquariums that is widely used. This is because it is very easy to maintain and clean this aquarium. The temperature of this aquarium generally ranges between 72 to 84 degrees F. This aquarium is also very easy to set up as there is no need of heavy lighting or chemical additives.
Coldwater – as the name suggests, in this aquarium coldwater is used and the temperature of the water is less than 70 degrees F or room temperature. In this aquarium, cold species of fishes are placed such as goldfish which is also one of the common fishes people like to have in their home.
Marine aquariums – in this aquarium, you need to put saltwater for the survival of the fish. Remember that don’t mix the salt after adding water into the aquarium. Salt needs to be mixed with water before you add water into the aquarium. This aquarium is used to keep beautiful fishes and other aquatic animals, colorful corals and more.
Brackish – in this aquarium, freshwater and saltwater mixture is used but there are not many fishes available for this aquarium. One of the most common fishes that you get is a puffer.